Thursday, July 17, 2008

Parenthood - Why again did I agree to this?

Dear Daddy,

Well, if all goes well tomorrow I might have a job. I have interviewed twice now for a position on the oncology unit at Baptist. I feel really good about it. I know this is where I need to be. I can relate to what each family is going through. So, we will see.

So tonight after I mowed the yard I decided to load the boys up and go to Wal-Mart. Now I know why mom never took us shopping. They are getting so big that I can't put them in the buggy. (Just a side note: Why is it Sam's has the buggy with the two seater in the front, but Wal-Mart doesn't have them yet?) Well, I told the boys they had to hang on to the sides. Yeah, right. That worked for the first two isles. Then it was a total free for all after that. Running into each other, dragging each other on the floor, punching, hitting, kicking, etc. We looked like a bunch of white trash. Both boys had dirt all over their faces and clothes from playing outside. I had on a tank and shorts and looked a mess from mowing. They were nuts!!! When we finally got to one of the 5 checkouts that were open, (Another side note: Why have 28 checkout lanes when you are only going to have 5 open at all times.) anyway this is when all hell broke loose. James was hiding under the clothes racks and Thomas took off. I put James in the buggy and asked a total stranger to watch him while I chased Thomas down. Luckily a very nice couple noticed what was happening and the lady chased him down. I was panicked I just knew I was going to have to call a Code Adam. When I got back to the buggy, James was sitting there wide-eyed and knew he was in for it. Thomas on the other hand was sitting on the floor laughing and thought he was something else. That would be when I picked them both up, thanked the ladies that helped me and took them to the car; at which point they got a spanking with the pants down. On the way home I informed them both "When we get home you go straight to the bathroom, take off all your clothes and wait for me. You are both going to get another spanking, get a bath, get your pj's on and going straight to bed." At that point James said "Hey Mommy, do I need another spanking cause I didn't run off I stayed in the buggy and waited for you and Thomas." Well, he had a point there. When we got home, Thomas got another spanking for running off and they got a bath. Now they are both in bed where they will stay!!! I need a Valium! Please tell me it gets better.

Well, I need to go get cleaned up. Maybe a nice hot shower will help me. I love you Daddy and miss you so much!

Your baby girl forever - Jan

No comments: